Thursday, April 25, 2013

On Drafting

Lost amidst the lights and noise of the NFL Draft.  I don't even watch college football.  I suppose it's just a short FOOTBALL fix between the Super Bowl (go Ravens!) and next season.  Not even knowing who the players are, there's just something about the idea of drafting that is intriguing.  Maybe it spawns from picking your dodgeball team in elementary school.  Maybe there's just something in our nature that makes us want to "pick" things from a list of items.  It's collecting.  Gotta Catch 'Em All.

It makes me miss the trading card games.  They don't play World of Warcraft TCG at my local store, and I just cannot justify starting Magic: The Gathering this late in the game.

This does remind me that Blizzard announced...


A man can hope his trading card game cravings are sated by an online card game.

Drafting also reminds me of colors (read the Lightbringer series by Brent Weeks; which I am currently on book 2), which reminds me of writing, which reminds me of how little I have accomplished.  Perhaps now is as good a time as any to research some more names.

EDIT (4/26/13):
Conked out before the end of the NFL draft.  Happy with the Ravens' selection.  Everyone thought they'd go with the Notre Dame linebacker - replace Ray Lewis! they screamed.  But, in Ozzie we trust, and I have to believe in the Free Safety choice.  His highlight reel is pretty crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment