Thursday, May 9, 2013

On Productivity

We have been in the new place over a week now and boy has it been a whirlwind of activity.  Painting, unpacking, organizing, re-organizing, re-re-organizing, painting some more, etc.  Sweat drips from my brow, my muscles tense and pulse with adrenaline, the smell of man fills the room.  I'm sure LE is intoxicated by this, as what's more attractive than "I lift things up and put them down." It has been a productive week.


But productivity is a snake eating its own tail. 

The house is becoming a home as we aesthetically manipulate our surroundings to coincide with our preference, and really, shouldn't that be first priority?  I think so.  But the tail here is everything else on the list...  reading, writing, watching good tv (currently catching up on the season of Dexter I missed not having had Showtime last year).  So I continue to slowly make my way through The Blinding Knife, and Land & Sea is still trapped on an island of 3,000 words.  Still haven't made it out to see Iron Man 3 (yes, the host of The Dork Portal has not yet seen a comic book movie - nor has he reviewed anything dorkly on this blog yet). 

Behind the scenes, the annivesary of my entering this world was this week.  Another year older... 



No comments:

Post a Comment